It is at the initiative of industrials and European consumers that the Eco-Desirable Charter was created.
This Charter, guaranteeing quality and respect, is intended to contribute to live in a more responsible way, to adopt a more rational consumption and to promote a better quality of products and services.
It is open to all market participants: manufacturers, producers, craftsmen, wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
To be certified Eco-Desirable, products and services must either be:
- organic, biologic, biodegradable,
- certified by an official label,
- fair trade-labelled,
- hold a certified label, controlled,
- energy saving products,
- 100% recyclable products or made of recycle material,
- from a socially or environmentally responsible design,
- natural products and products not tested on animals,
- non-polluting products and services,
- And in any case be 100% compliant with E.U. standards.
To become member of the Eco-Desirable Charter, brand marks and participating must affirm their willingness to act in protection of the global environment by combining the best quality products, best services and the best manufacturing process.
They undertake at all levels and in their respective fields to respect the environment and to take initiatives leading to better environmental management:
- though the use of renewable energy,
- through the application of measures on energy saving,
- by the selective treatment of waste, promote recycling and use of environmentally
- by respecting the environment, especially water, air, earth, people, wildlife, flora,
- by checking the source and quality of raw materials,
- by preventing and limiting noise pollution,
- be in compliance with laws, safety standards and working conditions,
- be in compliance with E.U. standards,
- And in any case to subscribe unreservedly to the Eco-Desirable Charter on working
conditions and child labor.
To encourage members to persevere in improving production and manufacturing processes and in order to contribute effectively to a greater respect for the environment, the label and logo Eco-Desirable is only granted for a probationary period of 12 months.
This time limit is intended to stimulate the ongoing search for alternatives and initiatives for improving environmental.
Perspectives of the Eco-Desirable program:
The Eco-Desirable program will produces visible benefits and long term resulting in:
- More attention to environment, preservation of the planet and its natural resources,
- Increased demand for products and services respecting the environment,
- Better information on green products and services.